Bb Collaborate Workshop Materials


Recently I was asked to do a workshop to introduce a department to Collaborate.  When I asked what they wanted to cover the list kept getting longer and longer.  So rather than spend the time doing live demos I built on some slides that Amy Eyre had shared some time ago, and in the spirit of the community I'm sharing these back.  I also have a few examples for ice-breakers that I used.



The slides are designed to be used in live workshop format, to go through different features and talk about them.  To save time from trying to demo by having multiple browsers open in the same collaborate session I made screenshots trying to show every aspect of a feature while giving tips, with the possibility to continue a demo if required.  There are more than 200 slides in total.

Since Collaborate changes these slides will be going out of date soon enough, but anyone is welcome to take these and adjust.  When I come to update the slides I will upload a new version.

Here is a breakdown of what is covered:


An area I'm quite happy with is the ice-breaker.  Toward the beginning I introduce the whiteboard.

I then give everyone the chance to experiment with it for a minute:


This allows participants to experiment without fear, note that I have also clearly explained the clear button earlier.


Ice breaker 1

The first ice breaker is to mark on the map a place special to you:

Ice breaker 2

The next ice breaker is a word association game.  This was to give participants experience with using the whiteboard to write text, and also to show with a large group that it can be hard for people not to write over each other.




These got great engagement and positive reaction from the audience.  I hope by sharing these and the resources it will continue to encourage other members of the Blackboard community to share their tips and resources.

Download: Collab_Overview_Webinar (20MB PPTX)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My updated theme for Blackboard 3800.13