Blackboard accessibility beyond Ally


Recorded live during the Mobile and Collaborate Hybrid meeting at the Twentieth Annual Durham Blackboard Users Conference.



In this presentation I explain aspects of The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 and Directive (EU) 2016/2102 on the Accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies.

I put the regulations and the standards we should follow into a global context. I then explain aspects of the WCAG standards and their relevance to the Blackboard Virtual Learning Environment, providing examples of how I have customised our Blackboard environment both to meet WCAG standards for colour usage, whilst aligning with an institutional brand.

Finally I discuss the latest revision to the ATbar plugin for Blackboard. This has been enhanced so that existing Blackboard functionality related to accessibility is normalised within a congruent interface. The remaining minutes cover questions from the audience. Please provide feedback to me by contacting me on LinkedIn.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattdeeprose


A recording of the presentation that includes anonymised comments but is without subtitles and of a lower quality is also available.



I have uploaded the slides to SlideShare:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My updated theme for Blackboard 3800.13